This is an important course for new riders and we always aim to ensure your complete safety during the course and providing the correct tuition and information to enable you to ride safely unaccompanied. If you have any worries, queries or special requirements then please bring this to our attention.
Certificates are only issued when we feel that the student is competant and safe to be on the road.
Below is a brief guide on what to expect:
- Element A: introduction. The aims of CBT, making suitable decisions about equipment and clothing, and meeting the eyesight rules.
- Element B: practical on-site training. How the motorcycle or moped works, what maintenance checks are needed, and getting a feel for the weight and balance of the vehicle.
- Element C: practical on-site riding. Carrying out manoeuvres safely and under full control, using the brakes, changing gear, and carrying out observations.
- Element D: practical on-road training preparation. Meeting the legal requirements to ride, attitude, positioning, separation distances, speed, anticipating what other road users may do, and preparing for developing hazards.
- Element E: practical on-road riding. Riding in typical traffic conditions (including traffic lights, roundabouts, junctions, pedestrian crossings, gradients and bends), and carrying out a u-turn and an emergency stop.